Monday, January 24, 2005

DailyShow AfterGlow 2005.9 (January 18 2005)

Moment of Zen:
Condoleeza Rice, finally giving up the name of the memo proving the US Government knew more than it let on, "Bin Laden determined to attack within the United States"
or was it this one:
hee hee...."people were still using Wangs in some parts of the state department, not that there's anyting wrong with Wangs!"

YAY Barbara Boxer, D - California for standing up to the woMAN: "your loyalty to the mission overwhelmed your respect for the truth" - that is putting it gently.

BOO Sen John Kerry, givin' up already - again: "we know you're going to be confirmed..."

When Condoleeza Rice told Barbara Boxer to "refrain from impugning my integrity" she retorted: "You contradicted the President and you contradicted yourself." YAY Barbara!

Space Ball - story on the moon of Saturn called Titan and all the pretty pictures that show there might be water up there....Jon asked innocently "whats with all the searching for water on other planets? Is there something about our water that we should know about?"

hm. dig a little deeper on that one and see why I been a little depresed for a week. also, my sun sign is Cancer and I have lotsa planets in water signs....and I have to buy my water in plastic box at the store because the tap water here in beeeoootiful Madison, Wisconsin tastes awful...

Guest: Evangelical author, Jim Wallis, "God's Politics" made sense...
"how has Jesus become pro-rich, pro-war, pro...
is torture a moral value? Religion does not have a monopoly on moral values. fighting poverty and protecting our environment and being honest about why we go to war are moral values."

Gave me hope: He talked about a woman named Lisa Sullivan, who had died, but wrote in the book - I paraphrase from my notes: don't tell me these problems are too big, don't tell me there are no Martin Luther Kings, WE ARE THE ONES WE'VE BEEN WAITING FOR!" Social movements are what change history

..so lets get moving! BE the change!



No comments:

DailyShow AfterGlow 2005.13 (January 25, 2005)

**Although I'm a few weeks behind on posting them, I have been continuing to take notes on the Daily Show, and gaining new respect for ...